The Columbia Public Library subscribes to electronic resources in order to supply our patrons with electronic versions of books, audiobooks, and magazines. Most items are accessible on computers, eReaders, and smartphones.
To make an appointment for one-on-one assistance with your eReader or smartphone, call us at 618-281-4237.
1. Download the app for your device and log into your library account. You can find links to all of the apps at http://www.yourcloudlibrary.com/index.php/en-us/
2. Browse the collection, check out a book, or place a hold.
To see if your device is compatible consult the Device Cheat Sheet. ***Please note that as of March 2017 the Nook HD and HD+ are no longer compatible with the Cloud Library app from Google Play, but you can use your device’s browser (such as Google Chrome) to navigate to https://ebook.yourcloudlibrary
Questions? Contact us or download our Cloud Library brochure.
Zinio: Digital magazine issues!
You’ll need your library card number, an email address, and a reading app to use Zinio.
Once you get to the Zinio site, you’ll create two accounts: a Zinio Library account and a Zinio reading account. Zinio can walk your through the steps or you can download our help sheet. You can change the settings on your device to remember your login and password.
If using a device other than a PC/Mac to read a magazine, you’ll need to download an app. Either search the app store on your device for Zinio or use the links below.
- Android (download from Google Play)
- Blackberry Playbook
- iPad (download from iTunes)
- iPhone (download from iTunes)
- Kindle Fire/HD (click here for more information)
- Nook HD/HD+ (download from Google Play)
- Windows 8/Windows RT