Monroe County Voter Information
Learn how you can register and where you can vote for the 2020 Presidential Election.
Registration and Voting in Monroe County
Qualifications for Voting:
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General or Consolidated Election.
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You must not be serving a sentence of confinement in any penal institution as a result of a conviction.
- You may not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Where to Register?
Online: With your drivers license/state ID register online until Sunday, October 18, 2020 by 11:59 p.m. or after 11/05/2020. Illinois Online Voter Application
In-Person Early/Grace Period Registration & Voting: Grace period registration allows voters to register and vote at the same until the week day before the election. (Grace Period Info Pamphlet,10 ILCS 5/4-50, 5-50, 6-100)
Office of Monroe County Clerk
Monroe County Clerk
100 South Main Street
Waterloo, IL 62298
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
According to the Permanent Registration of Electors Law of Illinois, registered voters are required to keep their name and address current. If not properly registered to vote, you cannot vote for local candidates or any local propositions. Please contact the County Clerk’s office at (618) 939-8681 if you have changed your name and/or address and have not yet notified the County Clerk’s office. (Mark Otto, 2020)
Voting will take place at the Monroe County Clerk’s Office.
- November 3, 2020 General Election
- Early voting starts September 24, 2020 and is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Also, Saturday October 24, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. until noon. And, Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. until noon.
- Click here to download the November 3, 2020 General Election publication ballot.
(Mark Otto, 2020)
Mark Otto, J. (2020). Monroe County Elections. Retrieved October 01, 2020, from https://www.mococlerk.com/elections.html
Elections, I. (2020). Welcome to the Illinois Online Voter Registration Application Website. Retrieved October 01, 2020, from https://ova.elections.il.gov/