May 20, 2020
Library Curbside Service
Beginning May 18th, Curbside will be operating 9 to 4 Monday thru Friday
While library to library delivery is not in service, patrons are limited to checking out items from the Columbia Library collection. At this time, patrons are encouraged to checkout no more than 10 items.
Three ways to request library materials:
- Patron must call 618-281-4237
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: ‘Book Request’)
- Request items using their online Library accounts.
How to Request Materials with Library Account
- Go to www.columbialibrary
- Click “My Account” or “Library Catalog”
- Login with Library Card number and 4-digit PIN
- If you do not see user-friendly search bar, click “SHARE” logo at top.
- Once you have started your search, remember to select “Columbia Public Library” as your Assigned Branch at the left, to see only the items we have.
- Once you have selected your item, click “Request It” to the right, then make sure your Pickup Library is “Columbia Public Library” before submitting.
- Patrons must call us when they are on the way.
- Patrons will need to call us when they arrive.
- Patrons’ bag of books will be placed on table outside the front door. Staff will go back into the building.
- Staff will monitor bag from inside the building.
- Patrons can then pick up bag after staff are inside.
ALL RETURNS WILL STILL GO IN OUTSIDE DROP BOX, INCLUDING DVDS AND AUDIO-BOOKS.
No fines or fees will be paid during curbside service. This minimizes contact between staff and the public for everyone’s safety.
Please call the library if you have any questions.
Library Closure Until Further Notice
In accordance with Governor Pritzker’s and Columbia Mayor Hutchinson stay-at-home order the Library Board has closed Columbia Public Library in an effort to curb the spread and impact of the COVID-19.
See resources for more information on local responses:
Columbia Public Library will be closed until May 31,2020 or until the Library Board has initiated a reopening.
Library Closure Details:
- The Columbia Public Library will be closed to the public. This includes any events hosted by us or by third-party organizations. Do not contact the Library about third party programs, call your group leader.
- The library drop box is open for patrons to return materials.
- All checked out materials are fine free until the library reopens to the public. No fines or fees can be paid during curbside service.
- If you renew online and get the message that your item cannot be renewed, rest assured you will not be charged fines.
- Library to library delivery has been suspended until further notice.
- The Library will not be offering home delivery at this time.
- A few library staff will be working Monday – Friday 9-4 pm and a few will be working remotely.
- PLEASE NO BOOK SALE DONATIONS AT THIS TIME. Please do not leave donations outside.
- COPY & FAX: For your fax and copy needs you may want to contact your bank.
- WI-FI: No password needed to access our Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi will be available 24/7 outside the building and in library parking lot.
Reference and General Information: email@example.com
E-books or account questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Programming or Registration Questions: email@example.com
Facebook: Columbia Public Library, Columbia IL
Library Phone Number: (618) 281-4237
Currently, Columbia Library patrons can download Cloud Library and RBdigital to access eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines. There is e-content for all ages.
How to Download Cloud Library
- Download the App: Via the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Log into your library: Select your state and library (Illinois Heartland Library System). Enter your library card number and 4-digit PIN. If you are not sure of your PIN please email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at the library number (618) 281-4237 and someone will assist you as quickly as they can.
How to Download RB Digital
- Set up an Account: Go to www.rbdigital.com/illinoisheartland. Click “create new account” in the upper righthand corner. Enter your library card number and email and create a password.
- Download the App: Via the Apple App Store or Google Play. Log on with your new username and password used to set up your rbdigital account.
Columbia Library also has a temporary subscription with Lynda.com which comes due in May. However, with the current stay-at-home order for many employees. This might be a great time for people to beef up their professional skills. Lynda.com offers 6,200 plus continuing education courses in up-to-date software, web development, marketing, business, soft skills, and more!
How to Access Lynda.com
- Go to www.columbialibrary.org
- Click “Online Resources”, then click “Online Learning”
- Click “Lynda.com” icon
- Log in with your library card number and 4-digit PIN
Also, Columbia Public Library is working to update and expand their online resources for children.
Important Phone Numbers and Emails
- In Illinois:
- Illinois Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-889-3931
- Email: email@example.com
- In Missouri
- Missouri Coronavirus Hotline: 877-435-8411
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org