Temporary Library Card Policy
Columbia Public Library residents that reside in the city limits of Columbia, will be permitted to apply for a temporary card online. Resident must be 16 years of age?
- Card will be valid for thirty days after day of activation for residents.
- Card will allow use of e-resources only until residency has been verified.
- Card applicant must provide the Columbia Public Library within thirty days the following information.
- Governmental photo ID and one additional item that shows your current address. If Photo ID does not have current address, two additional items with current address will be requested.
- If after thirty days the account has not been verified, the account will be suspended.
Address verification include, but are not limited to:
- Personal check
- Current phone, gas, electric or cable bill
- Mail postmarked within 30 days
- Bank statement
- Voter registration card
- Vehicle registration
- Lease Agreement
- FOID card
Digital versions of the above will also be accepted.
Information can be provided via fax, curbside, mail or in person.