- The Columbia Public Library welcomes displays of general interest to the community as well as materials having direct relationship to the purposes of the Library.
- Permanent exhibits offered for display in the Library must be approved by a majority of the Board of Trustees.
- Temporary exhibits (of up to two months’ duration) may be used at the discretion of the Library Director, provided such displays meet the requirements of this policy.
- The Library will accept responsibility for temporary displays.
- Placement of the exhibits must be mutually agreeable to both the Library Director and the exhibitor and should in no way interfere with normal operation of the Library.
- Informational material to be posted on the bulletin boards in the Library may not be larger than 8.5″ x 11″ and may not be of a political nature, or for personal gain (e.g. garage sales, selling a car, bike, etc.). The materials are to be giving to the Library Director, who will post them on the appropriate bulletin board. Primary posting will be for activities in the Columbia Public Library. The duration of the posting will be prioritized in the following way:
- Activities related to the City of Columbia
- Charity events
- Non-profit organizations’ announcements and events
- Other activities and events
- Informational materials advertising for-profit events and businesses may be placed in the Local Business Information binder in the Library, at the discretion of the Library Director. These materials will be kept for one year and then discarded if space is needed in the binder.
Display Policy Approved 8/10/10